2.24.2011

Taken For Granted

Do we really know how lucky we are? I don't think so. I think that we believe that we understand the value of our security. Ever since I was a kid adults around me have been teaching me how to appreciate what I got but did I ever really understand it? Or is it just imprinted in me to believe that I do?
A friend once quoted this: "When we are healthy we wish for a million things but when we are sick we wish for just one thing: to get well." This is so true and I think that we can apply it in almost every situation. It's like the old saying: "You don't know what you got until you've lost it."
We in the West have the opportunity to wish for many things, many unnecessary things because we already got the basic needs satisfied most of the time. I don't think that it's healthy. 
Are we ever pleased?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nasim said...

Man blir så arg över att det finns så mkt man behöver veta som media inte släpper förbi deras fraking egocentriska och självgynnande filter!

26 Feb 2011, 10:03:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home